In the wave of personal aesthetics and self-care, teeth whitening has gained significant attention. Millions of Americans are investing heavily in a plethora of home-based products, including gels, trays, and pens. While our teeth whitening specialists in Fort Lauderdale, FL applaud the public’s interest in achieving dazzling smiles, it’s crucial to comprehend what you’re diving into before purchasing your next teeth whitening kit for home use.
Managing Expectations with Home Teeth Whitening Products
One undeniable truth is that we’re bombarded by advertisements claiming effortless teeth whitening with various products – mouthwashes, toothpastes, and several gels. However, their effectiveness is limited. These products often lack the adequate concentration of bleaching agents, such as peroxide, needed to effectively eliminate stains and brighten your teeth. For optimal results, teeth need an extended treatment period with high concentrations, far more than what a mouthwash can offer.
- Tooth whitening toothpastes can have some effect over a prolonged period, but the results are generally modest.
- Tooth whitening gels may give slightly better results than toothpaste, but their prolonged usage can be harmful.
Our dentistry team from the teeth whitening division in Fort Lauderdale, FL emphasizes some key factors:
- Inappropriate and prolonged exposure to teeth whitening products can erode your enamel, cause severe pain if they penetrate cavities, damage gums, increase teeth sensitivity, and aggravate dental problems for those with periodontal diseases.
- If you have fillings and crowns, home teeth whitening attempts will hit a wall: over-the-counter gels and pens do not whiten fillings and crowns. Consequently, you may need to replace them for a uniformly brightened smile.
Teeth Whitening in Fort Lauderdale, FL: The Safer Alternatives as Suggested by Professionals
Effective teeth whitening solutions often involve gels containing higher concentrations of peroxide. If you choose to use pens, strips, or trays, you must exercise caution.
- Understand that if you’re persistent about using over-the-counter products, you’ll need to commit weeks or even months to the process.
- Compared to home treatments, professional teeth whitening offers visible results within three to four days.
- Professional teeth whitening services in our Fort Lauderdale, FL clinic last for approximately two years. However, we recommend a maintenance procedure every six months, ideally along with your regular teeth cleaning service.
- We don’t recommend teeth whitening if you don’t maintain excellent dental health (and you shouldn’t whiten at home if you have gum problems, tooth decay, cracks, enamel chips, etc.). It’s best to address dental health issues before venturing into cosmetic dentistry services.
If you believe you’re ready for a cosmetic dentistry session, we invite you to visit our teeth whitening clinic in Fort Lauderdale, FL and consult with our experts. Following a comprehensive assessment, you’ll receive top-notch care, along with several teeth maintenance recommendations. We also encourage you to contact us for a Free Consultation of our services, ranging from teeth cleaning, cosmetic dentistry, veneers, dental implants, Invisalign, crowns & bridges, partials & dentures, invisible fillings, SureSmile, teeth whitening, root canals, nightguards, and more!