Teeth whitening became a veritable craze in the past years, with millions of Americans spending millions of dollars on an assorted platter of at-home products, pens, gels, and trays. While our specialists in teeth whitening in Fort Lauderdale FL appreciate peoples’ inclination towards the achievement of a white, bright, healthy smile, they also need to clear some things up – so you know what to expect when you buy the next teeth whitening products for the home.
Lower Your Expectations in Some Teeth Whitening Products
The truth is that we get plenty of commercials for products advertised to whiten our teeth with no effort whatsoever: mouthwashes, toothpastes, and some gels. However, their efficiency is limited, because they do not contain the necessary quantity of bleachers that can properly remove stains and whiten your teeth.
These bleachers – with peroxide being the top contender in professional environments – show little efficiency in small dosages and in applications lasting a few seconds. For them to work, you need to treat the teeth for an extended period, at concentrations higher than ones found in mouthwash, for instance.
- Teeth whitening toothpaste has some effects – if you use it in the long run – but the results are minimal;
- Teeth whitening gel shows slightly better results than toothpaste – but you cannot use it for long, as it will eventually harm you.
Our doctors in the teeth whitening Fort Lauderdale FL department insist on the following factors you need to consider:
- Prolonged and improper exposure of teeth and gums to teeth whiteners can erode your enamel, cause excruciating pain in case they reach your teeth cavities, harm your gums, increase teeth sensitivity, and worsen dental problems in people with periodontal diseases.
- If you have fillings and crowns, your at-home teeth whitening efforts will reach a halt: over the counter gels and pens do not whiten fillings and crowns; thus, you might end up having to replace them to achieve a uniformly colored (whitened) smile.
Our Pros in Teeth Whitening in Fort Lauderdale FL Experts Recommend You the Safe Alternatives
As we said above, good teeth whitening solutions come in the shape of gel (higher concentrations of peroxide). Whether you choose to use pens, strips or a tray, you need to exercise caution at all times.
- Moreover, you have to understand that people who are adamant in whitening their teeth with over the counter products, they have to dedicate weeks if not months to the procedure.
- In comparison to teeth whitening at the home, teeth whitening at the dentist’s office shows the desired results in three to four days.
- A professionally conducted in our teeth whitening in Fort Lauderdale FL department resists for about two years. Doctors recommend, however, that every six months, the patient goes through a teeth whitening maintenance procedure together with the regular biannual teeth cleaning service.
- Doctors will not whiten your teeth if you do not show impeccable dental health (and you should not whiten at home if you have gum problems, tooth decay, cracks, enamel chips, and more). The rule of thumb is to fix the dental health issues and then proceed with cosmetic dentistry services.
If you think you are ready for a dental cosmetic session, visit our teeth whitening Fort Lauderdale FL office and speak to one of our experts. After a thorough evaluation, you will receive the best care, together with a handful of teeth maintenance recommendations.